Monday, December 14, 2009

Sudden Enlightenment..

well, i dunno how to go abt explaining this..
its gonna be an old grandmother story so yep..


i was just chatting wiz my aunt yesterday..
and i told her some of my thoughts like how the world gets uglier everyday
and how i realise that it is more difficult to be happy as i grow older.
and then she said sth which i think really made sense.


she said, "its true the world gets uglier and we cannot change that. but we get to choose to add on to the uglinesss or try to beautify it."


and i thought, "wow"... why didn't i think of that? she was trying to tell me that i shld appreciate everything around me. every little thing cuz its being appreciative of the tiniest thing that makes you a happier person.


and thats what i've been trying to change for the past few months. i saw how ppl can be so appreciative and thankful for everything and it really made their lives more meaningful. i wanna be like that as well.


others tell me that i'm just being naive, trying to be positive. but to me, i'm just seeing things differently. i'm obviously aware of all the unhappiness around but by being thankful and putting a smile on my face, its an effort in "beautifying" my world.
isn't it?
well, i'm gonna try being a thankful and appreciative person. its gonna take time but i'm gonna try my best:) and i really like that phrase my aunt told me. thank you:)
  

No comments: