Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A certain R******** organisation at R****** C*** mall...

Started working for a certain "R" organisation some time ago...
conclusion: they're quite screwed up.. all the glam the public sees is just a cover..

was contacted on tuesday night 10pm and asked to start work 11am on wednesday...
yep.. so it was kinda last min.. nonetheless, I was kinda excited..
afterall, its my first job right? well, until I arrived at the security check point..
It killed half my mood... I wasn't briefed on what to do or where to go..
So I felt kinda retarded trying to find my way to START WORK..
Knew nothing abt clocking in and out, didn't even know what a punch card was, much less operate the machine.
Had no idea how to register or get a promoter badge, what to bring, what not to bring etc..
basically I was like a sotong.. the best part is, EVERYBODY knew (they said it in my face) that I was new.
BUT NOBODY bothered to help or at least give some guidance...
the security guard knew I was new, but gave me attitude and practically screamed at me cuz he was irritated that I didn't know anything and was taking too long to register... (like I'm suppose to know!)
Spent at least 20 mins at the check point and during that period of time, there were at least 20 ppl entering and leaving the check point..
NONE of them bothered to help... NOT even the MANAGER....
when I got screamed at by the security guard, those ppl either #1 watch the show..
or #2 ignore and get on with their stuff...
which is more irritating? I have no idea.. it just kinda says alot abt the environment there right?

Unlike usual companies that have a set of rules, they don't...
What are the rules and regulations? the dos and don'ts?
Well, let's just say that you'll have to trial and error and when you get scolded, you'll naturally know what's disallowed... I mean, what sort of organisation don't have a list of rules and regulations?
and they just tell you off as if you're SUPPOSED to know what you did was against the "rules"?
What? they have some sort of unwritten rules or sth?
Just kinda shows that they're kinda screwed up right?

And you have some "senior" bitcing abt you like 3m away frm you and they think you can't hear them..
I mean like, ok, so we're all humans and we all bitch abt stuff...
but to bitch abt somebody so badly and turn arnd and be all nice and friendly when you just bitch abt her just 30 sec ago is just plain disgusting...

how did I survive? ACT NAIVE.
I kinda made them think that I'm nice to bully and blur like sotong...
you know, just act innocent...
sometimes, you just can't show that you're too smart...

this is just part 1... there's another branch I worked at... another security guard story..

No comments: